I met this couple one day and while we exchanged pleasantries, I remember vividly that both of them shared same surname so I readily assumed they were married. Later on, I came across the man again before the end of the day, this time around, he was alone; and as we were chatting, I asked him, “How’s your wife doing now?” But I must confess he gave me a shocker… “Who?” “Ah… Ah…! But I saw you with somebody today and she introduced herself as Sis. … Both of you bear same surname now? Is she your sister? I asked. But he responded, “She’s not my sister o but I’m in a relationship with her. We are still praying sha… If God says she is the one, may be…”
Hmmm... I had to do some deep thinking: “But she already bears your name… Does she know this is what you’re thinking about her? Does she know she might have to do a “change of name” a second time?” I wished she knew… But is it a new trend, FEMALES CHANGING THEIR SURNAMES (to the man’s) PRIOR TO EXCHANGE OF MARRIAGE VOWS?
No comments:
Post a Comment