Wednesday, 12 February 2014

"WHO HAS WOE? WHO HAS RED EYES?"

29 WHO HAS #WOE? Who has #sorrow?
Who has #strife? #Who has #complaints?
Who has needless #bruises? WHO HAS #BLOODSHOT (#RED) EYES?
30 Those who linger over #wine,
who go to #sample bowls of mixed wine.
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red,
when it #sparkles in the cup,
when it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a #snake
and #poisons like a #viper.
33 Your #eyes will see strange sights,
and your mind will imagine #confusing things.
34 You will be like one #sleeping on the high #seas,
lying on top of the rigging.
35 “They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not #hurt!
They #beat me, but I don’t feel it!
When will I wake up
so I can find another #drink?” (#Proverbs 23)

(O LORD! Please, help us to be #wise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment