Friday, 28 June 2013

“Yannibo” (TORTOISE WIFE) Part 2 (The story continues…)

...The first to talk was the king of the jungle –Lion: “My wife, O! my wife! She’s always looking for something to kill. Even when she’s not hungry! She won’t allow the tiny folks to rest! I want her teeth plucked out!” They applauded him –“Yes! Yes!!! That’s it!” They all shouted. Next was Monkey: “I can’t keep babana in the house any longer; even when I hide it, my wife will find it out and finish all!” Hyena: “Imagine my wife dictating who takes the biggest share of the meat?” Squirrel: “As for me, I think my wife is too fast for my liking! Ah! Ah! I’m I not the head? I expect her to follow me at my back in everything but “No!” She’s faster in running, in stealing, in taking cover, even in eating! You see my point? I need something to slow her down!” Snake: “My wife? I thought I knew how to hiss; my wife? Even as I’m with you here, I can hear the sound of her hisses –it’s so irritating!” Dog: “My wife is nothing but a bitch! She no longer stays in the house –I’m tired of her.” Parrot: “Too much talk is going to kill my wife very soon, if I don’t do something fast!” Cock: “My wife, a hen crows –I don’t know who taught her; she even crows louder and longer than I do! Now she wakes up earlier before me just to be the first to crow! And whenever I try to warn or stop her, she tells me –“I must prove it to you that whatever a man can do, a woman does it even better! Then she would catwal… no, “hen-walk” away. Imagine that!” etc. etc… (... to be continued)
*Keep following this story, please; I believe there are lots of lessons to learn here. You can also send in your comments, if you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment